Why List in February?
1) Less competition: Lower inventory could result in a better selling experience due to lack of available listings to existing buyers.
2) Test the market: If you don’t see a great offer early, spring and summer markets are typically strong and right around the corner.
3) Put yourself in a buying position: Selling early in the year puts you in a stronger buying position in the spring/summer when there is a better selection of listings. This would reduce your financial risk and put you in a more favourable offer position.
Why Buy in February?
1) Less buyers: snow and rain keeps buyers indoors, which could help you get a better deal on the home you love.
2) Potential deals: Winter weather, less buyers, lingering inventory from the fall can lead to buying opportunities.
3) Seasonality: Every year is different, but in a typical year winter is slower than spring and summer. Take advantage of the slow season before more buyers show up.
Last year we helped over 100 families move on to the next chapter of their lives, and we hope to help more this year! If you’re thinking of buying or selling, or just curious about what your home is worth, give us a call!