BUYING OR SELLING COQUITLAM HOUSES, CONDOS & TOWNHOUSES
MEET THE GARBUTT + DUMAS REAL ESTATE TEAM →
Coquitlam Realtors – Denny Dumas, Adam Senuik, Monica Harmse, Lucas McCann, James Garbutt.
Garbutt + Dumas are top Realtors that know the Coquitlam real estate market. We offer Coquitlam homes for sale, townhouses for sale and condos for sale. We know the best streets, the best parks, the best schools and daycare, and the best places to get a coffee after a morning run. Coquitlam is a beautiful place to grow a family or retire in. There are many amenities for both here. Whether you are upsizing to a detached home or downsizing to a condo, we are here to help.
Explore the city’s neighbourhoods.
Coquitlam is the sixth-largest city in British Columbia. It is located east of Vancouver, nestled between Burke Mountain and the Fraser River.
The city was first settled in the 1860s as a way-point between the province’s first capital in New Westminster and the year-round seaport in Port Moody. But in the early 1900s, the community boomed as a lumber town when French-Canadian mill workers settled around a new state-of-the-art mill on the banks of the Fraser River. And while the mills are gone, that French-Canadian heritage lives on in the neighbourhood of Maillardville, with Francophone street names, schools and an annual festival of French-Canadian culture, Festival du Bois.
Today Coquitlam is a bustling residential suburb with a burgeoning urban area developing around the Town Centre shopping mall. Much of that growth is being driven by the arrival of the new Evergreen SkyTrain transit line that provides a quick link to many of the 21 communities that comprise Metro Vancouver.
WHY LIVE IN COQUITLAM?
Coquitlam is unique in that it has both a laid-back feel and a contemporary vibe, bringing the best of a community-based atmosphere with the best of urban living. The city effortlessly combines live music, theatre, art galleries, shopping centres with wide-open spaces, parks, and hiking trails. There are a lot of reasons to buy a home in Coquitlam, but here are some of our favourites:
- Access to Vancouver: As part of Greater Vancouver, Coquitlam residents can easily enjoy the sights, entertainment, and dining of Vancouver. A new EverGreen SkyTrain brings passengers from Coquitlam to Vancouver in little more than an hour for a day trip to the city or a daily commute to work.
- Festivals and Markets: With such a prominent French-Canadian heritage, it’s no surprise that Coquitlam is home to Festival du Bois, the annual Francophone festival. Coquitlam is also home to the Coquitlam Food Truck Festival, fireworks-filled Canada Day celebrations, a weekly farmers market, a Christmas light display, and tons of local small businesses.
- Diverse Population: Coming in second after Burnaby, Coquitlam is one of the most diverse cities in Metro Vancouver. More than 40 percent of Coquitlam’s residents are new to Canada, with an immigrant population of more than 61,000. Coquitlam residents can experience cultural delicacies, exhibits, and languages from China, Korea, Iran, Philippines, Taiwan, India, and more.
- Outdoor Recreation: Coquitlam has more than 890 hectares of green space, making it a favourite destination for outdoor recreation. The city has more than 80 parks and outdoor spaces, providing everything from rec centres to pools and splash parks to biking trails and dog parks.
- Shopping: Coquitlam is home to one of British Columbia’s largest shopping malls: the Coquitlam Centre. Browse through almost 200 stores from Lululemon to Sephora, and don’t forget to stop at the Henderson Place Mall for an eclectic array of shops from around the world and a multicultural food court.
Whether you want to build a family or settle down in your golden years, Coquitlam is a beautiful place to call home. Although the commute to Vancouver maybe a little longer than other areas of Greater Vancouver, quickly travelling from a suburban community to a bustling metropolis makes Coquitlam an increasingly desirable city.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COQUITLAM REAL ESTATE
The Coquitlam real estate market is filled with homes, townhouses, and condos for sale across each neighbourhood. Because of its proximity and easy commute to Vancouver, expansive outdoor recreation, and down-to-earth community atmosphere, real estate throughout Coquitlam is consistently in high demand.
As a result, many real estate prices in the area tend to be on the higher end, along with the average cost of living. Within Greater Vancouver, Coquitlam ranks as the 12th most expensive city, making it a relatively affordable city compared to neighbouring markets.
Of course, every neighbourhood has its own average cost, amenities, and community atmosphere that will influence the cost of realty in Coquitlam. The best way to find the right home for you – whether you want a detached house, a condo, or a townhome – is to talk with your real estate agent. Together, we’ll help you find the perfect Coquitlam home for your lifestyle, needs, and budget.