A New Place To Call Home
VICTORIA HILL – Stunning 2 Bed, 2 Bath 1051SF South Facing Suite Overlooking the Park & Fraser River. Very Private & Peaceful View that will not change and enjoy it from your Large Balcony which receives plenty of Sunshine. Features incl: Gas range, Granite Counters, Stainless Steel Appliances, & upgraded 42″ Upper Cabinets in the Kitchen, Stone Fireplace, with Hardwood Throughout (Living/Dining/Bedrooms), Crown moldings, 2″ Blinds, Granite in all Bathroom. Open Floor Plan with Spacious Kitchen. Well Maintained Building. Amenities Incl: Gym, Lounge & Billiard Games Room. 2 Side-by-side Parking & 1 Large Storage Locker.
For complete listing click here.
MLS Feature Sheet #214 14 East Royal Ave
A condo development in Surrey is awaiting City Council approval to begin constructing a building containing Canada’s smallest condos. With only 290-305 sqft you may have a hard time fitting your king sized bedroom suite and other furniture into this tiny apartment. However this size is perfect for young adults who want a well designed open layout and don’t need any superfluous space. The idea behind the concept follows other buildings in Vancouver (Burns Block on Hastings), New York, Tokyo, Paris, and London. This suite is perfect for city-living work-oriented young adults who don’t yet have the salary for a condo/home within walking distance to public transportation. The building is called ‘Balance’ and will be part of the ‘Quattro’ Complex just steps from Gateway Skytrain Station in Surrey which is extremely convenient for students attending SFU’s Surrey Campus or for those who work in Downtown Vancouver. Sales are expected to start January 2013 if the City of Surrey gives the go ahead.
Burns Block Micro Apartment Pictures
Elliot Street is the most attainable concrete product in the Lower Mainland. 130 new homes in New Westminster. Designed with living in mind. Design is more than great materials, it’s a holistic understanding of how they work together.
Elliott Street is a New Condo development that was just released in Downtown New Westminster. I visited the presentation centre last week and found that there some good opportunities for investment, and there are also some nice floor plans for end users as well. I believe that the finishings in this building are the highest I’ve seen for any building in New West to date (incl. European Stainless Steel Appliances). Here’s some more info…
Thoughtful living spaces
· The perfect balance of design and function, both inside and outside your home.
· An architectural design, by award-winning GBL Architects, hat uses classic materials to create a modern form.
· Interiors, by i3 Design, that bring intelligent design to a smart living philosophy.
· Clean, European-inspired design that combines a minimalist philosophy with the best materials and finishes
· Multi-functional homes that add flexibility to how you live.
· High-quality laminate wood flooring throughout main living spaces; carpeting in bedroom.
· Two distinct color schemes, one approach features a light, fresh palette and the other features a bold, dark palette.
· Fully-secured building and parkade including fob access points with enterphones at main entries.
· Blomberg 2.35 cu ft fully-automatic washing machine –EnergyStar-rated.
· Blomberg 3.67 cu ft vented electric dryer.
· Spacious closet and storage spaces.
· Common indoor/outdoor amenity spaces that incorporate green space for entertaining.
· New concrete construction warranty program 2-5-10.
A smarter building with BAZINGA!
· Elliot Street is a bazinga! building.
Elliott Street Condos Presentation Centre Kitchen
· Fully-integrated European appliance package for the picurean gourmet:
· Blomberg freezer bottom fridge – EnergyStar
· Blomberg tub dishwasher – EnergyStar
· Bertazzoni stainless steel gas cooktop stove
· Bertazzoni stainless steel wall oven
· Faber under-cabinet slide out hood fan
· Panasonic stainless steel Genius Prestige Inverter Microwave Oven.
· Elegant two-toned cabinetry.
· Julien stainless steel 10” under-mount deep kitchen basin.
· Solid brass faucets by Jewel, two function pull-out spray, polished nickel finish.
· Quartz countertops with white tile backsplash.
· Combination soft-close and touch-latch cabinetry.
· Optional convertible island/counter.
· Optional built-in Dacor espresso machine.
· Dual flush toilet.
· Quartz countertops.
· Undermount rectangular basin sink.
· Large soaker tub.
· Continuous tile work from the tub apron to the shower wall resulting in a modern European aesthetic.
· Wall to wall vanity mirror with light bar incorporated into mirror to create a soft presence in the room.
· Rainhead showers in all bathrooms.
· Solid brass faucets by Jewel, gooseneck spray, polished nickel finish.
New Westminster continues to push for a review of a better connection between the South Fraser Perimeter Road and the new Port Mann Bridge.
The City of New Westminster is working with TransLink and Surrey on a review of the Pattullo Bridge project.
The city is concerned that commuters, and especially truckdrivers, will take the Pattullo Bridge through New Westminster to avoid a longer route to get from the South Fraser to the new Port Mann Bridge.
While attending the recent Union of B.C. Municipalities convention, several city officials had a chance to chat with Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Mary Polak about the Pattullo Bridge and the city’s belief that a better connection needs to be built from the South Fraser Perimeter Road to the Port Mann Bridge.
“I found that Minster Polak was probably the most versed on this,” said Coun. Chuck Puchmayr. “She had done her research, she understood the file.”
New Westminster officials informed the minister that 70 to 85 per cent of traffic coming over the Pattullo Bridge has no business in New Westminster.
“Anything other than having a direct connection to the Port Mann Bridge would have a significant impact on New Westminster,” he said. “I think she understands there is no capacity in New Westminster.”
An Oct. 1 staff report to council said that the South Fraser Perimeter Road is a provincial inter-regional route for commercial vehicle movement and links key industrial and port activity areas located on the south side of the Fraser River. The city’s view is that TransLink’s current proposal to introduce a direct connection between South Fraser Perimeter Royal and the future Pattullo Bridge needs to be “reexamined” in collaboration with TransLink and the City of Surrey, and a direct ramp connection between South Fraser Perimeter Road and Highway 1 needs to be examined in more detail…
Click Here for the Full Article
Glenbrooke- Victoria Hill. Outstanding 1724ft² 3 bed, 2.5 bath END UNIT Townhome is privately situated at the back of the complex. Gorgeous River & Mountain views. Impressive home features high ceilings on the main, hardwood & laminate floors, beautiful kitchen cabinets, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, upgrade laundry, blinds & new carpet. 3 decks, backyard, spacious master bedroom with large walk-in closet+luxurious ensuite, 2 car tandem garage + Bonus Media Room. full Rainscreen, remainder of 5-10 yr. warranty. Low maintenance fees including outstanding Amenities at the Boiler House: Exercise Centre, Theatre Room, Study Area, Basketball Court, Lounge w/pool table. Excellent location. near Queens Parks, shopping, & transportation.
For complete listing click here.
THE BEST VALUE IN METRO VANCOUVER STARTING FROM $159,900*!
Elliot Street is the most attainable concrete product in the Lower Mainland. 130 new homes in New Westminster.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, Just 5-minutes from the SkyTrain, Elliot Street provides easy access to:
- Downtown Vancouver – 26 minutes. A total of 31 minutes from your door.
- Metrotown – 11 minutes
- SFU Campus – 7 minutes
- Green Space! Elliot overlooks a gorgeous 4.5acre park established in 1876.
- Water views of Fraser River, North Shore mountains and skyline
- Walk to Douglas College – 12 minutes
- Proximity to all the amenities you need. Just 3-minutes to Starbucks!
New Westminster Market Update for August 2012.
Stats are taken from the MLS on September 5, 2012 and are based on MLS sales only.
405 Active Listings
33 Sold: Avg. Sale- $322,900, Avg. Days on Market- 51
Highest Sale: $708,000 Penthouse at ‘Azure’at Plaza 88’
46 Active Listings
5 Sold: Avg. Sale- $526,500, Avg. Days on Market- 30
Highest Sale: $612,500 in ‘Glenbrooke at Victoria Hill’
109 Active Listings
9 Sold: Avg. Sale- $760,700, Avg. Days on Market- 52
Highest Sale: $1,149,000 for Family Home built in 1940.
So far September is following the Summer as a Buyers Market which means Sellers must be aware of current prices and have a great realtor who can price your home so it doesn’t sit on the Market for too long but you still get a great sale. Taking time to prepare your home for a sale can be the perfect step towards selling quickly.
Whether you are just updating paint and the overall style or you are upgrading appliances, carpet, and more sometimes all it takes is that little extra effort. For some great ideas on getting your home ‘Sale Ready’ Click Here!
If you have any questions about the current Market and getting your home Sale Ready give James a call!
New Westminster: 140 New Listings (33 Homes, 21 Townhomes, 73 Condos)
Avg Sale to List ratio: 1 to 5
Burnaby: 47 New Listings (9 Homes, 3 Townhomes, 33 Condos)
Avg Sale to List ratio: 1 to 7
Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver Sept 2012 Update
Well Kept Home in a Great Cloverdale Hilltop Neighborhood! Home has 3 bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms upstairs, 2 Bedrooms & 1 bathroom downstairs, 2 Kitchens, suite (not currently rented out). Over 2500 sqft of living space with 2 car attached garage (additional uncovered parking as well) and a HUGE fully fenced west facing backyard, all situated on a large 7799 SF lot! Newer updates incl: high efficiency furnace (2006), hotwater tank (2010), roof (2007), gutters & downspouts (2007), paint (2012), new balcony (2011). Excellent floorplan: Spacious & open Family/Kitchen/Living/Dining area on the main. Enjoy the large balcony off the Kitchen leading onto a brick patio and spacious yard. Steps to Sunrise Ridge Elementary & Public transit.
For complete listing click here.
MLS Feature Sheet 5939 188th St