A New Place To Call Home
The Nurses Lodge at Victoria Hill – Rarely Available Heritage Townhome at the Nurses Lodge in Victoria Hill!! Spacious 1692sqft, 3 Bed, 2 1/2 bath, Very Bright, 2 Level End Unit surrounded by greenspace, an impressive view of the Fraser River, 2 heritage fireplaces & 2 side-by-side parking stalls. Main floor features an open living/dining/kitchen area with powder room, large den & 2 balconies. Kitchen has stainless steel appliances & granite counters. Upper floor has 2 bedrooms with a HUGE MASTER SUITE, walk-in-closet & private balcony. Enjoy the communal spice garden & a short 10min walk to the Skytrain! Excellent Amenities at the “Boiler House” incl: gym, theatre, basketball court, lounge area. Pets & Rentals Allowed!
For Full Listing Click Here.
There are some big changes happening this year regarding government tax and grants for home-buyers.
HST is finished April 1, 2013. What does this mean for buying a home? After HST has gone there will be the regular GST (5%) and a NEW Transitional Tax (2%) from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2015.
Click Here for the Full Ministry of Finance Tax Package
Click Here for info from The B.C Real Estate Association.
The $10,000 New Home-buyers Grant also ceases April 1, 2013. Those of you who were hoping to apply for this grant must step up the search for your perfect home and apply as early as possible.
Click Here for Eligibility and more info on the $10,000 New Homebuyers Grant
Have you had your property on the Market for a while with no serious interest? Here are some tips from James to start the New Year off fresh and ready!
Re List – Re listing your property with a new MLS # will give your home a fresh start, shuffle photos (or take new ones), add a virtual tour, change up the description; all of these things can give your listing a new look to buyers just starting on the hunt for their new home.
Re Assess – Walk around you property with an objective eye and think about what you would like to see in a property ready for the Market. Do the carpets need to be steam cleaned or replaced? Is the paint scuffed, chipped, or dull? Is there a lot of clutter (family pictures, knick-knacks, furniture, books,etc…) ? Is your furniture making it hard to navigate or easily walk through your home? The list below will allow you to check off what might need to be updated to get your property sold quick!
– Update Flooring: whether you clean your carpets or install hardwood, flooring is often the deal breaker at showings.
– Freshen up the Paint: if your paint is dirty or dull put a fresh coat on in a bright new color to make your home inviting.
De-clutter – Often great properties are over looked because clients can’t see past the stack of magazines or the 10 counter appliances. Think like home style magazines: Less is More. The less distractions from individual items will allow buyers to see the property as a whole and they will more easily imagine themselves living there. Check out our blog on getting rid of unwanted items.
Showings – Bright, Welcoming, and Clean. These are 3 things to really live by when prepping your home for a showing.
– Open all the blinds
– Turn on ALL the lights (make sure they all are working and have light bulbs
– Fresh scent (if you notice the salmon you had for dinner last night is still lingering in the air, give the rooms a quick mist with air freshener. Click here for some natural quick air freshening ideas.
– Relaxing decor
– Put all small personal items ‘out of sight’ in a drawer or cupboard
– Smile! Being welcoming and friendly is the first impression the buyer will get of your property so make it a positive one!
Check out our previous blog ‘Top Tips to Sell Your Home’ for great links to professional paint advice from Benjamin Moore, Cleaning Tips, Home Staging ideas, and more!
The Market noticeably slowed in the Fall of 2012, and Sales were down 33% compared to Nov & Dec of 2011. The 2012 year in all decreased in Sales by 22.7%.
The Grove at Victoria Hill – 2 Bed, 2 Bath, 951 SF West Facing unit overlooking the inner courtyard with Large Balcony. Very Quiet and surrounded by Greenspace this unit features a very spacious & open Living/Dining/Kitchen Area. Gourmet Kitchen with stainless steel appliances, lots of cabinets & island. Ideal Floorplan with two bedrooms located on opposite sides of the living room, Master Bedroom has walk-through closet leading into a Full Bathroom. Great Amenities at the Boiler House: Gym, Theatre, Study, Party Rm/Lounge, Outdoor Basketball Court. Central Locations, steps to Queens Park, 15min walk to Skytrain or 10 min Bus. Won’t last! Must See!
Summerlin at “Silver Springs”. This suite has The Works! TOP FLOOR, 942ft², 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom with a HUGE Covered Balcony (Over 240ft²!), 2 Parking Stalls & 1 Storage Locker! This suite is great for entertaining, it features an open floorplan, large living/dining area, gourmet kitchen with Maple Shaker Cabinets & Stainless Steel appliances (including a Gas Range), Spacious Master Suite with Walk-In Closet & large ensuite bathroom with separate his & her sinks! Resort like Amenities at Cascade Club with outdoor pool, hot tub, gym & billiards lounge. 2 dogs/cats allowed, rentals allowed. Short walk to Coquitlam Centre, Douglas College, Larfarge Lake, Hiking, Shops & Future Evergreen Line Skytrain Station.
For complete listing Click Here
Greater Vancouver residential property sale and listing activity below 10-year averages in November
Over the past six months, the Greater Vancouver housing market has seen a reduction in the number of homes listed for sale, a gradual moderation in home prices and a decrease in property sales compared to historical averages.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) reports that residential property sales of detached, attached and apartment properties reached 1,686 on the region’s Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) in November, a 28.6 per cent decline compared to the 2,360 sales in November 2011 and a 12.7 per cent decline compared to the 1,931 home sales in October 2012.
November sales were 30.3 per cent below the 10-year November sales average of 2,420…
The Grove, Victoria Hill – Gorgeous 2 bed, 2 bath West facing suite with large balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. Very quiet & private location, great floor plan, open concept living/dining/kitchen area. 2 bedrooms on opposite sides of the living room, 2nd bdrm has walk in closet, master bedroom has walk-through closet leading into a full bathroom. Gourmet kitchen with plenty of cabinet space, stainless steel appliances & granite counters (granite in bathrooms as well). Excellent amenities at the Boiler House; gym, theatre, study area, party room/lounge, basketball court. Great location, surrounded by parks & greenspace. 15 min walk to skytrain or 10 min bus. Suite shows well, priced to sell, must see.
VICTORIA HILL – Stunning 2 Bed, 2 Bath 1051SF South Facing Suite Overlooking the Park & Fraser River. Very Private & Peaceful View that will not change and enjoy it from your Large Balcony which receives plenty of Sunshine. Features incl: Gas range, Granite Counters, Stainless Steel Appliances, & upgraded 42″ Upper Cabinets in the Kitchen, Stone Fireplace, with Hardwood Throughout (Living/Dining/Bedrooms), Crown moldings, 2″ Blinds, Granite in all Bathroom. Open Floor Plan with Spacious Kitchen. Well Maintained Building. Amenities Incl: Gym, Lounge & Billiard Games Room. 2 Side-by-side Parking & 1 Large Storage Locker.
For complete listing click here.
Nurses Lodge – One of Victoria Hill’s Buildings originally Built in 1920 and converted into 9 residential units in 2008. This 1143SF Unit features 2Bed, 2Bath on 2Levels. The Main has an Open Layout with a Large Living/Dining Area, Gourmet Kitchen with Granite Counters & Stainless Steel Appliances, & a Powder Room. Upstairs features Two Large Bedroom with Plenty of Closet Space & a Full Bathroom. Outstanding Amenities at the Boiler House includes: Exercise Room, Study Area, Theater, Lounge & Basketball Court. Enjoy a peaceul & private setting surrounded by greenspace and just 10min walk to the Skytrain. 2 Side-byside parking stalls included. Must See!
For complete listing click here.
Elliot Street is the most attainable concrete product in the Lower Mainland. 130 new homes in New Westminster. Designed with living in mind. Design is more than great materials, it’s a holistic understanding of how they work together.
Elliott Street is a New Condo development that was just released in Downtown New Westminster. I visited the presentation centre last week and found that there some good opportunities for investment, and there are also some nice floor plans for end users as well. I believe that the finishings in this building are the highest I’ve seen for any building in New West to date (incl. European Stainless Steel Appliances). Here’s some more info…
Thoughtful living spaces
· The perfect balance of design and function, both inside and outside your home.
· An architectural design, by award-winning GBL Architects, hat uses classic materials to create a modern form.
· Interiors, by i3 Design, that bring intelligent design to a smart living philosophy.
· Clean, European-inspired design that combines a minimalist philosophy with the best materials and finishes
· Multi-functional homes that add flexibility to how you live.
· High-quality laminate wood flooring throughout main living spaces; carpeting in bedroom.
· Two distinct color schemes, one approach features a light, fresh palette and the other features a bold, dark palette.
· Fully-secured building and parkade including fob access points with enterphones at main entries.
· Blomberg 2.35 cu ft fully-automatic washing machine –EnergyStar-rated.
· Blomberg 3.67 cu ft vented electric dryer.
· Spacious closet and storage spaces.
· Common indoor/outdoor amenity spaces that incorporate green space for entertaining.
· New concrete construction warranty program 2-5-10.
A smarter building with BAZINGA!
· Elliot Street is a bazinga! building.
Elliott Street Condos Presentation Centre Kitchen
· Fully-integrated European appliance package for the picurean gourmet:
· Blomberg freezer bottom fridge – EnergyStar
· Blomberg tub dishwasher – EnergyStar
· Bertazzoni stainless steel gas cooktop stove
· Bertazzoni stainless steel wall oven
· Faber under-cabinet slide out hood fan
· Panasonic stainless steel Genius Prestige Inverter Microwave Oven.
· Elegant two-toned cabinetry.
· Julien stainless steel 10” under-mount deep kitchen basin.
· Solid brass faucets by Jewel, two function pull-out spray, polished nickel finish.
· Quartz countertops with white tile backsplash.
· Combination soft-close and touch-latch cabinetry.
· Optional convertible island/counter.
· Optional built-in Dacor espresso machine.
· Dual flush toilet.
· Quartz countertops.
· Undermount rectangular basin sink.
· Large soaker tub.
· Continuous tile work from the tub apron to the shower wall resulting in a modern European aesthetic.
· Wall to wall vanity mirror with light bar incorporated into mirror to create a soft presence in the room.
· Rainhead showers in all bathrooms.
· Solid brass faucets by Jewel, gooseneck spray, polished nickel finish.